A children’s book with 51 illustrated stories that celebrate extraordinary women from India including artists and scientists, healers and entrepreneurs, politicians and rocket women of India, women in sports and a commando trainer, ‘The Dot That Went for a Walk’ is a stunning juxtaposition of circumstance and grit creating a thrilling sense of possibility. The book is illustrated with original art by female artists from all over the nation. Each woman’s story is written in the style of a fairy tale except these women have been their own knights in shining armour.
This Book Features:
- 51 Indian women role models who paved paths when none existed. Together they tell the story of the last 200 years of the country starting with the story of a warrior who fought against colonialism to the story of a MIG fighter pilot defending her country.
- 51 unique artworks in diverse mediums of art by 51 women artists.
- 51 stories written by 10 different writers, some as young as 12.
- 12 Activity pages – Writing and drawing exercises, memory exercises, quizzes, scrapbook pages.
- Sticker page with peel off stamps of all artworks featured in the book.